TONIGHT’S CONCERT IS A GO! TICKETS NOW JUST $5.
We are thrilled to announce that we will be performing at The PGA TOUR Champions American Family Insurance Championship. “Concert on the Course” is a free outdoor performance open to the public. This will be our first event before our full summer season of Concerts on the Square. The event, sponsored in part by kathy ireland® Worldwide, and will take place at the Thomas Zimmer Championship Cross Country Course on the University Ridge Golf Course grounds from 7 – 8:15 p.m. following Pro-Am play on Wednesday, June 21.
The concert is something the entire family can enjoy. A specific area will be marked for seating on the cross country course as attendees may bring their own chairs and blankets to place on the grass. Concessions will be available at the concert site as no carry-in food or beverage will be allowed. Onsite parking will also be available as attendees should follow local traffic signs to the specific parking locations.
New this year, the Pro-Am golf tournament on Wednesday, June 21 will be free and open to the public starting at 10 a.m. This new aspect provides an additional opportunity to for fans to see some of their favorite players in action prior to tournament competition starting on Friday, June 23.
“We’re thrilled to add the special ‘Concert on the Course’ with the renowned Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra during this year’s tournament week,” said Nate Pokrass, tournament director.
“By presenting this free concert, as well as opening Wednesday’s Pro-Am day to the public, we are continuing to further enhance the week-long tournament experience for our fans.”
Fans can follow the tournament’s social media channels for updates on this and all events during tournament week, June 19-25: Twitter: @amfamchamp; Facebook: American Family Insurance Championship; and Instagram: AmFamChampionship.
More information is available at www.amfamchampionship.com
ROGERS | Carousel: Carousel Waltz
RIMSKY-KORSAKOV | The Snow Maiden
WOLF-FERRARI | L’amore medico (Doctor Cupid): Intermezzo
MORRICONE | Gabriel’s Oboe from “The Mission”
CUSTER | American Frontier
SUPPE | Banditenstreiche Overture (Jolly Robber’s)
LOWDEN | Armed Forces Salute
TCHAIKOVSKY | 1812 Overture
Concert on the Course - FAQs
- Will attendees coming for the Pro-Am, concert or both need a ticket to get into the course? No, the course gates will be open starting at 10 a.m. for public access.Where should attendees park? Onsite parking will be available as attendees should follow local traffic signs to the specific parking locations. All parking is Free.
- Can I bring in my own food and beverage? No. Outside food and beverage is not allowed. However, concessions will be available for purchase at the concert site and on the golf course. Also, Ruth’s Chris Steak House of Madison will have a concession stand open during the concert with a special menu available for purchase. How will traffic be controlled for this event? The City of Madison Police Department will assist with managing inbound and outbound traffic around University Ridge before and after the concert. However, please allow for additional time as the corner of PD & M will be highly congested with tournament, construction and business traffic.
- Will the University Ridge Clubhouse be open during the Pro-Am and/or the concert? No, both the Clubhouse and Pavilion areas will be closed to the public for the entire day/evening. Will there be restrooms available? Yes, restrooms will be available at the concert site and golf course.
- Will any security measures be taken at the event? Yes, there will be a bag check at both the golf course and the concert entrance area.
- Will there be medical assistance onsite if needed? Yes, there will be first aid, medical personnel and EMS onsite during the event should any medical emergencies arise.
- What if the weather conditions are bad? Weather officials will be on site all day. Tournament officials will communicate any changes thru the tournament web site and social media accounts. If the concert is rained out, there is no rain date and it will not be rescheduled.
- The concert is sponsored by kathy ireland® Worldwide, will Ms. Ireland be in attendance? Although Ms. Ireland’s company is co-sponsoring the concert and she is a brand ambassador for American Family Insurance, her schedule does not permit attendance at this year’s concert.
- Will there be seating available for the Pro-Am on Wednesday? Yes, the golf course bleacher seating on holes #1, #14 and #18 will be open to the public.
- Will the course be open for the public on Thursday’s Pro-Am day? No, the course will be closed to the public in preparation for the tournament start on Friday.
About the American Family Insurance Championship The inaugural PGA TOUR Champions American Family Insurance Championship was held in June 2016, hosted by 12-timePGA TOUR winner and Wisconsin native Steve Stricker. The second annual event will be held June 23-25 in Madison, Wis., at University Ridge Golf Course and will feature a 78-player field competing for a $2 million purse. The no-cut event includes two Pro-Am events on June 21-22, followed by three days of tournament play, June 23-25. Proceeds from the event are donated to the Steve Stricker American Family Insurance Foundation and the American Family Children's Hospital. Nearly $1.1 million in proceeds was donated to charitable organizations from the 2016 event.